Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Funny College Moments



As a sophomore in college, I have gotten to see some pretty hilarious things. One of which that never seems to gets old is seeing someone, usually straight from the showers, get locked out of their dorm. While I have never had to experience this, my roommate has been unfortunate enough to be stuck in this situation. Living on a freshman floor where pretty much anyone can get into the building during the day, my roommate and I developed the habit of locking our door whenever we left for safety. It was precisely this habit that set the stage for one of the most hilarious moments of my college career. I had just come back from one of my classes to drop off my things before going to lunch with some of my friends. As always, when I left the room I locked the door, assuming wherever my roommate was she would have her keys to get back in. What I hadn’t realized, however, was that my roommate was not in class, but taking a shower with her keys now locked in our room. As you can imagine she was in for quite the surprise when she came back to our room, wearing only her towel, and couldn’t open the door. A few phone calls and a frantic voicemail later, I was rushing back to my dorm to open the door for my very wet, and very angry, roommate. While it took a few weeks for her to really forgive me, she and I look back on that day when we need a laugh. And now we always remember to check the showers before we lock the door.

K.H

George Mason Student, sophomore

No comments: